Search This Blog

Thursday, August 7, 2014

LATEST ON EBOLA: PREVENTION




Someone woke me this morning urging me to bathe with salt water. I picked up my phone and saw messages like this:
"Urgent & serious health alert. Pls tell everyone u know. Information on ground now says ppl shud put salt in water & bath today 8th Aug, 2014 b4 6am. Don't use soap while bathing with it & dnt dry ur body with any towel, only allow d water to dry in ur body. Also put d salt in water & drink. Hurry now prevention is better than regret. Spread dis msg now to everyone U know to cut off Ebola virus from further spreading"
My neighbour called me from her window, (she didn't want to risk coming out without first of all having her own bath) telling me to bathe with hot water and salt.
Why are some people just causing unnecessary panic and peddling same on social media?
Ebola is not airborne though there are indications that it may be carried by droplets over short distances. There is no evidence to support the use of bathing & drinking salt water as helpful measures.
From bitter-kolo to bathing with salt. Chai naija. Next time dem go say make we no eat food again to avoid Ebola virus. Hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment